How much insulation should I install underneath my concrete slab in my basement?

S

How much insulation should I install underneath my concrete slab in my basement?

Scott Antonation Sept. 27, 2019Last updated: Aug. 5, 2020

我住在气候寒冷的马尼托巴省温尼伯,打算在混凝土板上安装辐射热。由于我的地下室在霜线以下,我不确定是否有必要进行隔热,但我想知道专家的意见。如果需要隔热,推荐多少,什么类型?

Responses (5)

S
Scott Antonation 2 years ago

你推荐EPS还是XPS ?我读xps优于eps -无吸水率,更高的r值,更长的保温性能保持多年。你是怎么想的?此外,曼尼托巴水电公司指出,在等级板以下保温的价值是不划算的,因为大多数热量是通过墙壁损失的。我的情况会因为我打算做辐射供暖而有所不同吗?

what are your thoughts

Mike Reynolds
Mike Reynolds 2 years ago

当我第一次读到这些的时候,我一开始不相信你还以为你读错了什么。所以我做了一个谷歌搜索,实际上找到了它,让我惊讶和震惊。这是不准确的、非常糟糕的建议。

如果不知道隔热材料和电力的当地成本,或者不知道房屋的寿命,在楼板下面加隔热材料的投资回报率是很难准确确定的。但在加拿大或美国中上各州的任何地方,不对在建新房的地下室地板进行隔热是愚蠢的。在加拿大的马尼托巴省,在混凝土楼板下面增加2英寸的隔热层可能在几年内就能收回成本。

Insulating a slab floor means will result in greater durability, it willprotect air quality by reducing the chance of mold forming, it will save significant amounts of energy and providemuch greater thermal comfort for occupants.

In your case as you plan to install a radiant floor, it is even MORE important to insulate it well as you will greatly increase the temperature differential between the slab and the ground. A typical radiant floor operates between 30 and 50 °C, which means a lot of heat transferred to the ground that will be about 5 or 6 °C.

I have only ever heard from one Canadian with an uninsulated radiant heated slab floor and his heating bills were so ridiculously high that he planned to sacrifice his radiant floor, sacrifice some head room and eat the cost of laying down insulation and additional new flooring.

我们总是建议在平板下使用EPS而不是XPS, XPS的附加R值不值得附加成本,这意味着EPS更便宜每R值,XPS制造有很高的温室气体排放。在马尼托巴省,我们可能会在地板下面放置大约6英寸的绝缘材料,以获得合理的ROI。

Here is our page onthe best way to insulate a basement, there are diagrams there that may help you out.