晚上调低恒温器的温度能节约能源吗?

R

晚上调低恒温器的温度能节约能源吗?

Ryan Peterson May 1, 2018Last updated: July 30, 2020

I have a 1500 sq ft home just north of Toronto, Ontario. I recently installed a cold climateair source heat pump furnace. I am getting confliciting information about temperature control. Is it best to set the ASHP furnace at one temperature all day? Or set it back at night and during the work day?

Responses (4)

R
Ryan Peterson 4 years ago

Thanks Mike!

My home was built approximately 1975. The best I can tell, the walls are insulated with R12. I recently had a Home Energy Audit and found that my home has 6.5ACH at 50 pascals. Providing I performed the "recommended" upgrades for air sealing (which I am in the midst of) it is estimated that my ACH will drop to approx 5.89ACH. It was also recommended that I upgrade the ceiling and the finished basements (always cold) insulation - which I will in time. The windows (double pane) and doors are all Zone 2 rated appear to have been replaced within the last 15 years. I have only been in the home since the end of Feb, but from then to mid April it seems the house was dropping from 20C at 9pm to ~17C by 2am when the ASHP came on to maintain by set overnight temp. I have no thermal mass in my home; floors are either carpet or laminate and the exterior is aluminum siding over the orginial tougne and groove wood siding.

I have had 3 HVAC contractors in my home for assessment. The first, said to set it at one temperature and forget - stating ASHP are the most efficent at one consistant temperature. Second contractor, said because my Zuba is a 3 ton unit (with time scheduling including capacity limiting) and the house is a little under 1500sq ft (easy load for a 3 ton) I can turn it back at night during cold months but one temp for summer because removing humidy is hard. Third contractor said the exact opposite of the second contractor.

Totally loss on what to do.

Ecohome
Ecohome 4 years ago

在承包商给你的相互矛盾的建议中,我坚持“设置它,然后离开”。这不是一个很大的绝缘量,在5 + ACH的时候,它是相当漏的,所以你可能会看到节省,但它仍然是一种细毛。确实,减少内外温差意味着减少热量损失,但与此同时,保持恒定的环境是热泵工作的最佳方式。

如果你离开的时间更长,你可能会通过移动恒温器来节省,但对于日常操作,我只是把它放在你觉得舒服的地方,如果有的话,只是因为少了麻烦,而不是小的节省(如果有的话)。而且,恒温器争吵的最终结果可能是更高的成本,有时还会让家里不那么舒适。

Same thing for the summer – unless you're leaving on vacation for a week, set it, leave it and don’t sweat it! The best savings are had by keeping the temperature a bit higher in the summer and lower in the winter so you’re not fighting nature as hard.

R
Ryan Peterson 4 years ago

Thanks Mike!