Why is my cinderblock foundation cracking after I installed insulation and a vapour barrier?

T

地下室完工后,如何解决基础墙裂缝的问题?

Terry P July 22, 2020Last updated: Sept. 25, 2020

我1983年在安大略省中东部建的房子里有一个煤渣块地基。1999年,我完成了地下室的装修,用沥青纸贴着水泥墙,然后是螺柱和四英寸的绝缘层,然后是防潮层和石膏板。两年前,我注意到一些基础砌块的外部有裂缝,那里的内墙是隔热的,但地下室的一部分没有在内部完成。我已经在外墙挖了大约一英尺深,在地面以下的任何基础部分都没有明显的裂缝。

The interior walls are in good condition with no evidence of moisture or mold. I was going to have the foundation walls parged however I am looking for a longterm solution for this and want to make sure that I am addressing the actual underlying problem. Would I have to remove insulation, vapour barrier and drywall on interior basement wall and eventually refinish the interior walls of the basement in a different manner to rectifiy this problem longterm?

Responses (3)

T
Terry P 2 years ago

在我看来,我认为地基问题的根源在于地下室内部墙壁上的绝缘材料和蒸汽屏障的使用。如果墙壁被拆除(包括焦油纸、绝缘材料、蒸汽屏障和石膏板),这是最好的解决方案吗?我准备好了住在没有完工的地下室里。如果我选择完成墙壁,我可以只在螺柱上用石膏板重新完成(没有绝缘或蒸汽屏障),并且这样可以调节砌块墙的温度吗?我会找个工程师去看看地基。

Mike Reynolds
Mike Reynolds 2 years ago

"To me I see the source of the problem with the foundation due to the use of the insulation and vapour barrier on the inside basement walls."

Agreed. The blocks are freezing in winter now when the didn't before, and you probably aren't noticing it below grade because its staying warmer.