How do you install Larsen Trusses on an old home in Minneapolis?

K

Followup to the question How do you install Larsen Trusses on a home in Minneapolis?

Ken Traefald Feb. 27, 2020Last updated: June 24, 2021

也许我的措辞应该是,把聚物包裹在外壳上,然后钉在拉森桁架上。我的房子和大多数建于20世纪初的房子一样,内部的灰泥墙涂着油漆,有2x4的螺柱,用吹入的纤维素隔热。外护板是1x的。我对墙壁做了热扫描。似乎没有太多的纤维素沉淀。冬天的时候我检查过阁楼,没有多余的湿气。你说,把墙拆了,装上胶合板。你是说要把护套板剥掉吗?如果是这样,是否可以将胶合板钉在现有的护套上?那时你可以用胶带把胶合板连接起来。 Then one could seal the edges of the poly to the wall plates and install the Larsen Trusses / Cellulose insulation.

I’m still looking at the Rockwool Comfort Board 80 option too. Would it work to use a self adhering WRB, on the sheathing and then insulate with 8" of Rockwool Board or is there too much potential of condensation in the Rockwool in a house like mine?

I found online pricing at Universe Corporation for the Delta Vent SA wrap, at $569 per 561 sq. ft rolls. Is that the typical price? Alternatives: Henry Blueskin VP-100 wrap is $239 per 400 sq. ft and has perm rating of 33; while Grace Vycor en V-S WRB wrap is $300 per 480 sq. ft and has a perm rating of 15.

I can special order Rockwool Comfort Board in 2"thicknesses. If I go this route, I’m thinking of putting two sheets up, then the horizontal nailers, then two more sheets. If I opt to insulate the basement outside, would you rest the wall sheets on the top of the metal trim of the exterior basement sheets or leave a small gap? When working with the sheets, what size do you normally use, 48x96 or smaller? Is it practical for one person, to handle a full sized 2" sheet? My installation would be basically what you did in your video.

Thanks

Ken

Responses (1)