哪一种泡沫板保温对浇筑的混凝土地下室墙最好?

P

哪一种泡沫板保温对浇筑的混凝土地下室墙最好?

Patricia Roberts Dec. 28, 2021Last updated: Dec. 28, 2021

I have read and read until I am blue in the face with a migrane! I'm thinking/ hoping that I've finially gotten the insulation aspect of finishing our basement correct, but I'm still not sure. The two different kinds of foam boards I've been looking at are, Kingspan Insulation R-10 2in*4ft*8ft unfaced polystyrene foam board from Lowes and the Foamular 150 2in*4ft*8ft R-10 unfaced squared edge insulation sheathing from Home Depot. Are either of these two efficient and effective? We have baby number 4 due in March. We're on a tight budget, but also do not want to suffer the consequences of mold at a later date.

Also wondering if I should use drylok waterproofer paint on the concrete before applying the insulation board. I've read so many contridictory things from so many websites and forums, I am at a loss.

Thanks so much for the help!

Trish

Responses (3)

Patricia Pfeffer
Patricia Pfeffer 7 months ago

我们住在美国肯塔基州。因为我们的地下室完全在地下,所以冬暖夏凉,而且现在它还完全没有建成,所以说实话,我不是特别担心建筑的r值,我更担心的是霉菌因素,因为我们孩子的两间卧室要搬到那里去。

你也会在应用泡沫板之前在东西上使用防水涂料,还是根本不麻烦它?

Mike Reynolds
Mike Reynolds 7 months ago

No I wouldn't bother with the paint. the foam will be waterproof enough. mold happens when people put wood against concrete and then seal it in with a sheet of plastic. You should have no problems. have you ever experienced flooding though? if you're going to the effort to finish it, it might not hurt to stick asump pump to protect against floodingif there has ever been any. The weather is only getting more unpredicable and more severe so you never know.

Other things that help prevent flooding and even mold, is reducing the amount of water around the foundation, so things like eaves troughs that drain far from the foudation and being sure that the ground slopes away from the house not towards it.