Do you have a step flashing detail for gyproc sheathed 2nd story wall/garage roof interface?

D

Do you have a step flashing detail for gyproc sheathed 2nd story wall/garage roof interface?

Don Fraser Dec. 5, 2021Last updated: Dec. 5, 2021

我有一个70年代中期的房子,外部有陀螺护套,目前需要更换铝壁板(二楼)。从台阶闪墙到屋顶界面到车库回旋吊顶似乎有裂缝(水顺着椽子流下)。步骤闪烁需要钉到一些东西,当然,你不能钉到gyprock。我计划重新与乙烯基墙板,与tyvec类型的材料覆盖和带子之间提供一个呼吸空间包层和护套。我需要为需要安装的步骤闪光的屋顶到墙壁接口的细节。我没有安装外部绝缘的计划,但如果我要安装,我需要一个细节。对我来说,在屋顶外部添加隔热层的问题妨碍了未来更换屋顶护套,而且我的理解是,当前的建筑规范要求你们在进行修改时不限制未来的维护要求。

Would be please to hear from you!!

Responses (4)

D
Don Fraser 8 months ago

Can you not describe how to solve the step flashing issue in words without having a section detail?

Emmanuel Cosgrove
Emmanuel Cosgrove 7 months ago

Hi Don,

Have you considered trying to attach it with an adhesive? I wonder if that wouldn't work as it would then be under the siding, and how are you going to install the siding on top without backing? I don't want to leave you hanging, but its difficult to visualize without being there and I wonder if the best advice I can give you is actually how to find advice elsewhere, rather than us bounce ideas back and forth with you trying to help me visualize this. Have you tried doing a Google search for step flashing diagram and click 'image' ? You may actually see something that will get you going way faster than we can.

Alternatively, it sounds like you are planning to do this work yourself, what about hiring an experienced local roofer for an hour of guidance? I would hate to steer you wrong because I cant be there beside you looking at it and given that this is roof leak you are fixing, the stakes are too high to mess it up.

Proper roofing and flashing installation to prevent leaks should really take into account local weather variables like the typical snow load (if you get any), prevailing wind direction, stuff that we just don't know. Thoughts?