How do you prevent smoke from a wood stove from entering a home when loading it?

D

How do you stop wood stove smoke from entering a home?

Don Leaver March 24, 2020Last updated: Sept. 10, 2020

我对灰尘和烟雾很敏感。冬天我们用木火炉取暖。打开炉门产生的少量烟雾会刺激喉咙。炉子本身不漏水。使用空气净化器,但不知道换气是否会有帮助。1986年在缅因州建造的房子密封性很好。湿度为50%或更低。不想放弃柴炉。堂。Topsham,我。

Responses (4)

D
Don Leaver 2 years ago

Thank you for your response, great information! I looked at the video on ERV's and the one on balancing air pressure. There is negative pressure when I open the stove door. The stove uses inside air, no fresh air. We only heat part of the first floor of the house, about 600 square feet. I experimented yesterday with keeping a window cracked and the stove hood on low. I think it was better. Will look further at an ERV solution. I also thought of buying a heat pump for the 600 square foot area and cut back on use of the wood stove. Any further suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for your response and for this forum. Don.

D
Don Leaver 2 years ago

As I look at more info, it looks like the exhaust fan may be counter productive?

Mike Reynolds
Mike Reynolds 2 years ago

Hi Don, I'm really glad those tips seems to have helped! The heat pump would for sure cut down on your wood consumption, we have a fewpages on heat pumps (see here)这可能对你有帮助。在我们的演示房中,我们使用了小型分体式热泵和热泵热水器,我们对结果非常满意。对于一个600平方英尺的空间,一个小型的小型分体式热泵会很好地为你服务,它还会在夏天给你降温。